Wednesday, December 5, 2012

What's Working Wednesday : ) Holiday Infusion!!!

I am attempting my first "linking up" with one of my very best friends Gina over at Third Grade Tidbits!  My classroom is such a joy around this time of year. The first snowflake fell one day when we were at recess and one of my students yelled "It's Christmas!!!" They are such a cute group of kids.. I am so lucky!!

So basically I started using "Elf on the Shelf" in my classroom this year. I got this wonderful group of lessons from TPT hereMy students eat this up! The first day she was there they were saying she was fake. She's not for real. Then the next day they went to gym and I moved her across the room. I was copying in the room across the hall and heard them go back in the room and they were yelling "She moved! She moved!" it was so funny!!! She hadn't even caused any mischief and they were ecstatic! So now they wave to her and ask about her all day long.. If one of the kids is making a bad choice, someone else will remind them.. Glenda is watching! Funny they chose Glenda over Starlet. I gave them two names to choose from because I don't have a lot of implementation time. I am squeaking it in between all of the other new shifts we are doing from our district. It is so funny to see them get all excited about it. I can't wait till tomorrow when they realize Glenda wrote her name all over my classroom : )

Another thing that is working is this wonderful little website called Portablenorthpole.com This website allows you to upload photos and send personalized messages to a child from Santa. I do one student a day until Winter Break. Lucky for me I have a Special Education Classroom of 16 students. (I am only supposed to have 15, but that 16th kid brings extra fun!!)
The look on the kid's face for that day is priceless!!! Today the little girl who got Santa's message had her mouth wide open the whole time! She couldn't believe Santa would actually send HER a message. They love coming to school each day hoping that message is for them : ) Hopefully things are going well in your own classroom!!! Link up with us if you can or leave a comment below of what is working for you!!! I'll be posting about this award I received from thirdgradetidbits this weekend : ) Until then!! TWO MORE DAYS :)

Jackie<3

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jackie,
    I love this linky party! It is so neat to hear what other teachers are doing! I really like the website. How nice that you send the letters to your students!!
    Gina
    Beach Sand and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jackie! Thanks so much for linking up with us! I love the Elf on the Shelf idea and how your kids now believe....too cute! Thanks for the website too....will definitely be using it! I'm also your newest follower!

    Brandi
    Success in Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Girls! I am slowly learning this whole new world of blogging : ) So fun!!!

    ReplyDelete