Thursday, May 16, 2013

Linking UP!!

I am attempting my very first linky with Latoya! I am trying to get back into the swing of things! The end of the year and all of the new state mandates for our evaluations has me a little overwhelmed, but I really want to get back on track and organized.. so here goes!!


Three questions to answer : ) 

What made you decide to become a teacher?
Well I have ALWAYS wanted to be a teacher. Ever since I can remember, I would practice my handwriting, I would read to my younger siblings and then when I got in High School, I volunteered to teach Sunday School at my church. I loved doing it and when the time came to decide a college and major.. I was split between lawyer and teacher. I chose teaching and I am glad that I did! (most days hehe) You can't use colored pens in a lawyer's office : )

What has been your most rewarding experience as a teacher?
I think its the little things that count most. I love the hugs and the times when the kids get so excited about an activity or a lesson that they tell me they love me and I'm the best teacher. I enjoy planning fun and exciting ways to learn and knowing they enjoy it too is very rewarding. I have to say most recently I had a very rewarding experience. Teaching Special Needs students is a very difficult task and when you see growth from your students, you want to sing on the rooftops. This week, I have one student who has graduated his reading program to level 3. In 3 years of using the Fast Forward Computer Reading intervention, I HAVE NEVER had a student reach this level. I was so proud!
We have also been working on adding and subtracting double digit and 3 digit numbers with and without regrouping. Rarely do I find students who are able to do this. We spend months and months and usually I have like 2 that will be able to do it some of the time. I am proud to say I have 6 students who can borrow, regroup all of the time : ) I am so proud to see my teaching and hard work has paid off!!!!!!!

If you were not a teacher, what would you be?
Well if I didn't choose Teaching, I'd probably be in Law. I also had a dream of becoming a principal one day, but I am not 100% sure I want to do that at this point. I think I would like to read books and write reviews or possibly work as a CSE Chair for Special Education. All in all.. only one profession suits me at this time : ) I am happy where I am!!


Jackie : )

No comments:

Post a Comment