Saturday, June 15, 2013

End of the Year Celebration!

I typically try to hold my end of year celebration the friday before the last week of school. I invite parents to attend the celebration as well. I was so very excited this year because I added some new items to my award ceremony than in previous years. Let me start off with what I usually do...

Every year at the beginning of the school year, I have my students make boxes from Really Good Stuff. They sit on top of their cubbies all year long... The kids ask me all year long when they can take them home and every time my answer is the last day of school. So I take those boxes and fill them with little erasers, pencils, crayons, a note from me, kool-aid packets, and chalk. I then tie a ribbon on them to make it like a present. I give these out with a certificate for the completion of grade 2. Then I take all of the data collection I have on students and they get awards for Reading Fluency achievement, Math achievement, Writing achievement, attendance, homework, and effort.

This year I decided to use the adorable candy bar awards I found on TPT.  These were a huge hit with my kids as they got candy to go with their awards!! I also got a few giggles : ) I love when they laugh!! I also made a video montage of photos I took all year from field trips and other things we did together. I also had to include our favorite song: Call Me Maybe!

We had a great time celebrating our end of the year after all the award giving with cookies and juice : ) How do you celebrate with your littles? I have 5 more days left and I couldn't be more excited because that means my VACATION is almost here!!!

Much Love <3

     Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment