Saturday, September 20, 2014

Fresh Start

Well... I'm back... hoping to get this going more frequently but who knows because many things have changed! I am now the proud mommy to a baby girl, a season ticket holder to the  Buffalo Bills, teacher and crafter... and back to blogging!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful school year! I am hoping to share with you things going on in my class this year! Our school uses the Harcourt Journeys series and is in our second year with it! I found some pretty awesome resources on Teachers Pay Teachers!

The first story in our text is Henry and Mudge. Each story has a focus skill and for Henry and Mudge its sequencing. My favorite bundle to use for supplements are from Emily Education http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Journeys-2nd-Grade-Unit-1-Bundle-1348340.

Here are some photos of our "Mudges" we completed from her unit bundle!


So we basically went over the new vocabulary in the text, discussed the "Essential Question" what makes a good pet? and then read the story. After they read the story, students did a quick recall of story events and then had to sequence them. Each ear is what happened first and next and the last event is on Mudge's nose. I then let the kids decorate "Mudge" however they wanted : ) My kids are very creative!!

*Jackie*

No comments:

Post a Comment